WOM Chat: It is a fun place to be!!
This is Penny (TsunadesTwin) with something extra for you all to chew on: some basic “ground rules” for our newest addition, WOM chat. I wanted to relay some items that the “powers that be” discussed regarding the chat area that you should all be aware of.
I want to make this clear to everyone: this is not intended to penalize or single out anyone. MsMandi, Broken1i and I all want this to work and we want you all to have fun in chat and make friends. This is what it is about.
So…here are the dreaded rules:
- Play nice, play fair – no racial slurs, offensive comments (fatso, skinny, SOB, etc.). Innuendos are fine – but let the person you are chatting with know in some way that it is an innuendo (a wink, a smile, etc.). Common sense…
- Please…Keep your personal drama out of chat. If you have a gripe against someone, take it up with them outside of chat (get an email addy, whatever). If you are griping in general, we all have down days and it’s fine to do – we’re friends here. 🙂 For anyone who is having an issue with a particular person and you have tried to work it out reasonably, contact either myself, MsMandi or Broken1i and we’ll work with you on it.
- Gossip and rumor that is destructive against someone else not present in chat should be kept out as much as possible. It is humanly impossible to keep out all gossip, but try to do your best.
- Keep the chat fun. This is not the place to discuss politics, religion or other potentially “flammable” issues. If you want to discuss those things, find a chat that does so. We do manga/anime and general fun conversations.
- No predatory behavior (stalking, etc.) will be tolerated – no ifs ands or buts. If you are sensing that this is occurring, please contact me, MsMandi or broken1 immediately.
In general: you will get one warning. If the admins see anything that is a second time item or begins to become a recurrence, you will be subject to a complete ban from chat, and I will add that these are the same rules and reprocussions here on the site. Sorry guys, but we want to be fair to everyone.
I encourage all of you to check out our Chat area. It is a lot of fun and you can make some great friendships in the process. If you have any questions or concerns about chat or anything else on the blog, contact either myself, MissMandi or broken1. My email is firstname.lastname@example.org and MsMandi’s is email@example.com